The first step in determining if your project qualifies for a SFCIF loan is identifying whether your project is located within a qualified San Francisco census track area. To locate qualified areas, please click here.
The second step is determining if it meets NMTC Program requirements:
1) Location - Project/organization and the community served by project/organization must be located in an economically distressed area which is defined as:
- 30% or greater poverty rate; or
- Median income lower than 60% of metropolitan median income; or
- Unemployment rate at least 1.5 times the national average
2) Community Impact - Project/organization must have positive community impacts and enter into a Community Benefits Agreement. Community impacts include; job and wealth creation, social services, tax increment potential, sustainable development and other economic benefits.
3) Meet Targeted Project Types - Project/organization must be one of the following:
4) Project readiness - Project must demonstrate at application an ability to move forward and close within 3-6 months.
SFCIF will consider all of the above criteria within the context of its own available funding resources and timeline when making the final decision to fund a project. It is SFCIF’s goal to create the most positive impact with its NMTC allocations.
San Francisco Census Track Area Map